Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Big

Big. That's how you can refer to me now....but only for a little while.
My son asked me two nights ago how much I weighed. I shrugged it off
quickly and told him, "I dunno."

Liar. I know exactly how much....TOO MUCH. That's how much. I know this not
only from the scale but because I had a life altering experience this weekend.
I saw a photo of me and it wasn't right. Oh, it was ME all right. But it wasn't the me I'm familiar with. This was a photograph of me walking away. You get the picture here....no pun intended. This picture showed exactly how large my backyard was. In fact, it was hard to believe at first that MY yard actually looked that big.

I decided it was time to take off the rose-colored glasses. The ones I put on when I'm deciding what to wear. The ones that LIE to me.

Tomorrow I'm going to WW. It's only 15lbs, but it looks like 50. Pray to the WW Gods that I can get it off. I can't afford this kind of landscaping!

No comments:

Post a Comment